Navigating Social Media
Employees need to understand the risks
Your employees use social media all the time, both at work and at home. And in their social media postings —
- Do they ever mention your company, your products, their own work?
- Do they understand how your company's policies apply to social media, the constraints on what they may post?
- Do they understand the risks?
- What guidelines do they need?
New eLearning program
Navigating Social Media promotes caution and careful thought among your employees. It cites recent incidents involving employee postings on the Internet to emphasize to employees the risks inherent in discussing in social media your company, its products, or their own work. In the process, this program—
- dispels illusions about the impermanence, privacy, or anonymity of such postings;
- catalogues the principal policy concerns and business risks;
- gives employees ten specific guidelines for steering clear of trouble.